Search the forum,

Discuss Help please, tiles cracked/moving in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Belfast
Here’s a picture of where the tiles have been lifted.

View attachment 106070
From what i can see the ridges from trowel have not even collapsed, its as though the tiler set the tile on the adhesive but didn't push it into the bed,, also the trowel he used looks about an 8mm trowel he should of used 15mm for a better contact,. But most importantly he should never have tiled on plywood as recommended by most adhesive companies.

J

J Sid

Glynn at tilemaster will tell you different Hsp101 flooring plywood (BS 8203:2017-Annex A is more than suitable to tile on
it may well be if it's fix correctly as per BS
British Standard states
PLY
"The use of sheets and boards that are subject to movement from changes in moisture content should be avoided if at all possible."
"if sheet's and boards are not dimensionally stable with changing humility they should not used in wet or damp conditions."
"Tiles should not bridge joints in boards"
also
the lower face and edges of plywood should be sealed against the ingress of moisture using preferably non-aqueous sealers, e.g. polyurethane varnish, or styrene butadiene rubber, to prevent distortion by changes in atmospheric humidity before being screwed down.

Reply to Help please, tiles cracked/moving in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

Birthdays