Search the forum,

Discuss Has anyone used the Bal Superflex Wide Joint Grout, Charcoal colour? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dominocat

Hello all,
Wondering if any of you have used the Bal Superflex Wide Joint Grout, Charcoal colour, 3.5kg bags as sold at Topps Tiles for £11.49. Used for joints 3mm-20mm.

I need to use a charcoal grout for my client. Its going on the 15cm glossy white wall tiles from Topps.
I was going to get a bag of this stuff Bal superflex stuff, which I have never used before by the way, but the chap behind the counter put me off this, saying that because this is for both wall and floor tiles (I need it for walls only) it is very gritty and quite difficult to get a nice finish. He recommended instead a different grout. A specific wall tile grout, a black one rather than charcoal, which is Bal Microflex Wall grout, ebony colour. It didn't escape my attention that, yes it is for wall tile use only, but it is more expensive and the customer asked for Charcoal, not black.
The white wall tiles that I am using are just a plain white glossy tile above a black worktop.
What do you chaps think? Is the man at Topps right? Or would the Bal superflex Charcoal I was originally going to use be ok on a white wall tile setting? Does that stuff give a decent enough finish on a 2mm or 3mm grout?
Any advice muuch appreciated!!
Thanks,
dominocat

G

Gazzer

Re: Has anyone used the Bal Superflex Wide Joint Grout, Charcoal colou

I would opt for Mapei myself. Black grout on white tiles can look very messy and tiling will need to be perfect to pull it off.

B

bugs183

As Sir says, Mapei Ultra colour is much better, but lets hope your tiling is perfect as the black grout will show everything!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

for once the man at topps is right the bal super flex is quite gritty, i would use a specified wall grout from bal, or switch to mapei..

R

Rookery

I find Microflex leaves a nice finish but normally only use the white one. My main grout is Mapei UCP, but not white as its not white enough.

M

Marksmithtiling

Nicobond black is not as coarse, I have used this on hi gloss/delicate tiles

C

charlie1

ive used the ivory - i no like!

B

Bubblecraft

It's mainly superflex I use on floors. I don't mind the stuff at all...apart from charcoal grout...no one likes charcoal!

Reply to Has anyone used the Bal Superflex Wide Joint Grout, Charcoal colour? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen