Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Hands Up,who Got There Cscs Cards From Here? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Sorry guys i didnt realise the cscs was such a big deal, shouldnt it be more in depth in the aspect of health and safety though? When i took the test a couple of years ago the only real safety questions i can remember was which fire extinguisher to use in an emergancy for what sort of fire, all the others seemed irrelevant

It's all health and safety based, whether you realise it or not !

O

On one

Honestly,if anyone needs a hand doing a basic health and safety you HAVE got to be worried.
I reapplied for my CSCS card last November after letting it lapse for about 5yrs,
I read the book ,(it's not that hard is it?,for christ sake they even give you the answers underneath the questions.) took the test and away you go!

S

stephenoneill

Poor old mr tiler lands himself in it again.naivety on his part. Dont forget that your a debutant in the tilingworld.well loved here on the forum and well earned the hard way.but leave the advice to the professionals because your still learning yourself.in my opinion your a tiler after 5 or 6 years of work and we never stop learning.

M

Mr Tiler

Poor old mr tiler lands himself in it again.naivety on his part. Dont forget that your a debutant in the tilingworld.well loved here on the forum and well earned the hard way.but leave the advice to the professionals because your still learning yourself.in my opinion your a tiler after 5 or 6 years of work and we never stop learning.
I think you may be right mate, jumped the gun after a bad day at work and looking at people on here moaning about a petty cscs test, seems its not such a small thing sorry guys.

I

Ian

I think you may be right mate, jumped the gun after a bad day at work and looking at people on here moaning about a petty cscs test, seems its not such a small thing sorry guys.
Always the first to cause a stir Ash :tearsofjoy: always willing to hold your hands up though. Top lad, keep learning and entertaining mate:thumbsup:

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

Every day IS a school day, the older you get though, seems sometimes there's more of them ????

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ive never had one, but i am a EFR first aider , i hadto do it in my rescue diver coarse :grimacing::grimacing:
Its possibly one of the hardest diving coarse's to do :flushed:
So if any of you ever get lost at sea or are drowning, give us a ring, if you have a accident on site,ring ash :tearsofjoy:

O

On one

An update in Tilezine today
Broken Link Removed
Whilst 4615 fraudulent CSCS cards out of over 400,000 isn't a lot CSCS Chief Executive Graham Wren. But put another way.........
4615 fraudulent CSCS cards at only 5 test centres is one helluva lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
U

Unused Account 1

I worked formyself for ten years ,now moved areas to south east /kent ,so to start off again going to start working for contractors or anyone really ,site work ,so had to renew my goldcard ,where i did my test was so strict i actually laughed about it ,have to put everything in a locker ,everything ,they check all your pockets,had to roll sleeves up so nothing on your arms,then went into the test room they checked you again lol haha thought it was mi5

B

bcd-87

I worked formyself for ten years ,now moved areas to south east /kent ,so to start off again going to start working for contractors or anyone really ,site work ,so had to renew my goldcard ,where i did my test was so strict i actually laughed about it ,have to put everything in a locker ,everything ,they check all your pockets,had to roll sleeves up so nothing on your arms,then went into the test room they checked you again lol haha thought it was mi5

I'm terrible under pressure, I'd crumble befor I even say the test... Sounds like Guantanamo bay prison...

O

On one

Yeah,me too. That's how I can't understand it.

Reply to Hands Up,who Got There Cscs Cards From Here? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks