Discuss Hands Up,who Got There Cscs Cards From Here? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mr Tiler

Who cares, the tests are mostly full of stuff you will never encounter fairplay to the bloke for helping people out getting work i say not very often anybody helps you out nowerdays

W

White Room

Who cares, the tests are mostly full of stuff you will never encounter fairplay to the bloke for helping people out getting work i say not very often anybody helps you out nowerdays

What do you mean who cares, it's your responsibility to know the do's and don'ts and if you need a guy to tell you the answers you don't deserve a cscs card because the test is common-sense.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score

What do you mean who cares, it's your responsibility to know the do's and don'ts and if you need a guy to tell you the answers you don't deserve a cscs card because the test is common-sense.

As Whitebeam says, and the guy that will care is the guy that gets hurt or killed by the idiots that don't know the first thing about site safety and what to do in an emergency, that's a very poor attitude on your part, knowing what you've picked up on these forums :(

D

Dougs Third Go

I don't hold a cscs card, if I worked on sites I'd have one no problem (when I did my HNC in Building Studies there was a half modulus in site safety, I got a distinction). When people stop caring accidents happen, accidents can ruin lives.

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think mines running out in jannuary.As i dont do site work anymore I cant see me renewing this time

M

Mr Tiler

if you were bleeding out or needed CPR would you like your workmates to have the "who cares" attitude Ash?
Who learned cpr at cscs card test cuz i certainly didnt mate. Im all for learning health and safety guys i am all for it. Hardly any of the questions in my cscs test related to health and safety it was stuff inwould never come accross

D

Dougs Third Go

Who learned cpr at cscs card test cuz i certainly didnt mate. Im all for learning health and safety guys i am all for it. Hardly any of the questions in my cscs test related to health and safety it was stuff inwould never come accross
you can either be a follower or a leader then Ash,,get ahead of the game and learn some (at least) first aid. I've been on receiving and giving end of first aid quite a few times in my 35 year career, it's no joke that when you're young you can have a "it'll never happen to me" attitude,,accidents aren't discriminatory ;)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Jesus Ash, Health and Safety doesn't just consist if the questions you had on your exam.
Still your responsibility to know the answers to all the other possible questions.

C

Colour Republic

How can you be all for it when people you are potentially working alongside are unsafe and a danger to YOU?

You say above "fairplay to the bloke for helping people out getting work", just cast your memory back a year. Do you remember when you couldn't get any work and no one was willing to give you a chance to train? Did you say you worked 1 month out of the year was it? Just have a guess at one of the reasons for that Ash. CSCS cards where designed not only to make site safety better but also to try and stop unskilled labour on to sites, not least when years back we had a massive influx of cheap foreign labour. So all that struggle you went through and yet a foreigner can leap frog you and take a potential job because he has a bit of spare cash. It gets worse because some of these test centers aren't just handing out basic cards but give them enough money and they will give you a skilled card and even supervisor cards. Yeah fair play to the bloke:rolleyes:

G

Gazzer

How can you be all for it when people you are potentially working alongside are unsafe and a danger to YOU?

You say above "fairplay to the bloke for helping people out getting work", just cast your memory back a year. Do you remember when you couldn't get any work and no one was willing to give you a chance to train? Did you say you worked 1 month out of the year was it? Just have a guess at one of the reasons for that Ash. CSCS cards where designed not only to make site safety better but also to try and stop unskilled labour on to sites, not least when years back we had a massive influx of cheap foreign labour. So all that struggle you went through and yet a foreigner can leap frog you and take a potential job because he has a bit of spare cash. It gets worse because some of these test centers aren't just handing out basic cards but give them enough money and they will give you a skilled card and even supervisor cards. Yeah fair play to the bloke:rolleyes:
Can I like this post 1000 times ? And can I give a big :thumbsdown:to Mr Tiler ?

M

Mr Tiler

Sorry guys i didnt realise the cscs was such a big deal, shouldnt it be more in depth in the aspect of health and safety though? When i took the test a couple of years ago the only real safety questions i can remember was which fire extinguisher to use in an emergancy for what sort of fire, all the others seemed irrelevant

Reply to Hands Up,who Got There Cscs Cards From Here? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks