Search the forum,

Discuss Hairline Cracks In Marble At Studs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gonzo1969

Hi Guys,

Anyone come accross this before? 4 inch stud wall 5m long x 2.8m high clad in 12mm hardibacker. Fixed 600 x 400 arrabascato italian marble tiles with Bal single part flexible slow set. lmm grout joints but left adequate expansion on the hardi and the tiles.

3 months no problem. Now a couple of hairline cracks down two vertical studs about two metres apart.(other studs in between but no problem there). You can see the cracking but cannot feel it on the tile surface. Its just like a shiny white line that gets lost in the grey parts of the tile marbling but shows up in the white.

Any advice would be appreciated, as I have another bathroom to do for the client in the same marble. Albeit on a much smaller scale.

Thanks, Mark
DSC_0080.JPG

O

One Day

Was it a new wall with fresh timber? Were the joints taped? amazing how much care we take with marble on floors yet not on walls eh?! (That's not a dig by the way. Just an observation)

Reply to Hairline Cracks In Marble At Studs in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen