Discuss Gypsum based poured floor advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum

Advice needed on poured gypsum based floor. First one I've come up against and reading up on them a bit daunting. 80m2 and don't want to screw it up . Under floor heating has been commissioned and the floor has Been down for just short of 6months. I've scrapped most of the top layer off with a wire brush and sander and I am getting ready to prime it. Using a gypsum based flexi floor adhesive and there own primer (they guarantee the adhesive if I use it) but I am now reading that some tilers use a Matt before tiling on to these screeds. Am I missing something it's worrying as can not afford to replace 80m2 of tiling if it goes wrong. Any advice welcome thanks .

T

Tile Shop

decoupling or anti fracture matting will be needed if the heating has been commissioned and cracks have appeared in the screed, or if you are using any form of natural stone.

No cracks in the screed and using ceramic or porcelain, you can go on without it. However you'll find some tilers will still use it just for extra peace of mind and a more iron-clad guarantee that the floor won't fail because of expansion and contraction with the heating temp fluctuations.

Also because of the area, you need expansion joints (regardless of matting) around the whole perimeter and every 40sqm with no bay longer than 8m in length, and through door thresholds if doing multiple adjoining areas.

But other than that, good luck and have fun :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice no cracks anywhere and using porcelain. Movement joint in door so should be good. I think it's just after reading up on it where there has been fails..... everydays a school day wish me luck

Reply to Gypsum based poured floor advice in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay