Search the forum,

Discuss Grouting help please! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Crumbs

hi guys,

I need to grout a bathroom in a few weeks for a friend and wondered what is better - a squeegee or a float for the job? I've read floats are easier but i already have the squeegee so if i can use that ofc id prefer but if its going to do a poor job, would a float be better?

Also another question - should the joints be shaped as in removing some of the grout using a finishing tool or just make the grout level?

Thanks guys :D

F

Flintstone

Use anything you like as long as you fill the joints fully and remove the rest off the surface. Leave to harden as per instructions then wash with a propper grout sponge without using too much water, jobs a good en

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would use a grout float like this
20170628_170114.png

Work the grout into the joints , allow them to firm up and wipe clean with a damp sponge.
20170628_170136.png

Give the vertical and horizontal joints a final wipe with the sponge and this will eliminate the need to use a tool to finish the joints.

T

Tilerdurden

Float for me. Used like a plastering trowel starting at 45 degree and closing trowel as passing to utilise full float on each pass. Go 45 degree angle across joints too gives better fill with each pass. Imo

C

Crumbs

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. So what about the grout level, thats whats confusing me how to deal with it... does simply wiping over it again after about 15 mins do the trick, should i put a slight bit pressure into the sponge or just wipe gently again? cheers :D

Reply to Grouting help please! in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen