Search the forum,

Discuss grouting corners in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

montessa

when grouting is it a good idea to grout the reveals and then silicone or leave them till the grout drys and then silicone floor to ceiling

G

Gazzer

You can do it either way, personal choice. I prefer doing it last though myself.

M

montessa

A plumbing company on the island asked me to not silicone the reveals because it they ever were to re-silicone the reveal it would be a nightmare getting old silicone out of the joint..am thinking you could always leave the old silicone thats deep in the joint,and re apply new silicone rite???...bloody fussy plumbers lol

G

Gazzer

well thats the idea of leaving a gap for expansion and giving the sealant something to grab into.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I like to leave my grout to dry overnight as siliconing the same day can sometimes stain grout that's too green

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Always leave myself the last day for siliconing. Try to go round the ceiling with decorators caulk, so it can be overpainted, and also silicon round window frame the night before so it doesn't mix with silicon next morning

Reply to grouting corners in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen