Discuss Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I’ve just done my first tiling job. The tiles are great but the grout isn’t. I am going back tomorrow to try and sort it. Any tips please? The grout has been on for three days and in parts is thicker and just doesn’t look good!

Reaction score

Attachments

• 8D2BAED8-183B-4A18-932E-4601B3DA2FEE.jpeg
    95.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 0E681900-BD75-4BA1-B9CD-2AD46269342B.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 09A4856F-FC10-4B7C-A73C-858DF45ED56F.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 23
  • D05B6982-F1B4-4494-B1C8-8F1ACE82167B.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 22

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
I’ve just done my first tiling job. The tiles are great but the grout isn’t. I am going back tomorrow to try and sort it. Any tips please? The grout has been on for three days and in parts is thicker and just doesn’t look good!
It's difficult to sort at this point to be fair. You'll just have to take your time and have to carefully rake out what you can without scratching the tiles. Will take a long time to sort out. Moving forwards (as it sounds like this is your first tiling job having setup on your own), you need to really take your time when grouting up and not rush that part. It's the finishing piece and is just as important as fixing the tiles correctly. Microfiber cloths are absolutely brilliant for polishing up the tiles and removing grout haze after washing down

Reply to Grout in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi any info on get rid of epoxy grout haze on natural stone would be much appreciated. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Our tiler has done a really amazing job with our kitchen flooring, but has used a...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
Hi there. I recently tiled a shower floor with a basalt mosaic tile. I used kerapoxy for the...
Replies
Views
Hi - Had reason to do a quick fix for a neighbour the other day and she had a Fix&Grout Ready...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay