Search the forum,

Discuss grout spay sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spidermike

hi ,once seen a spray on grout sealer for high stain and mould areas (cooker/shower areas), anyone know what its called and where i can get it from.
spider:dizzy2:

D

doug boardley

If it's owt like normal spray on sealers mike, I'd steer clear. I've heard they're c**p and stink the house out!

U

user123

I reckon you may mean 'Seal-Guard'. Comes in an aerosol bottle, (yes, it does stink, but IMO absolutely brilliant stuff - open the window, hold your breath for a l-o-n-g time and then get out!) or as a brush on I haven't tried. Apart for the stink very convenient to use, can be applied 20 minutes after grouting, seals while allowing grout to dry, does not need polishing off and gives the surrounding tiles a touch more depth. Anyone who has ever struggled with moldy shower alcoves, well, a must have IMO. It is toxic to the environment (aquatic life, don't dump it in the river), but probably balances out against all the toxic stuff we use to try and get rid of mold over time. Google sealguard and you find a supplier.

D

doug boardley

I posted a similar thread a few weeks ago Spidermike, if you do a search you'll find more answers on forum about it! It was titled "spray on sealer"

K

keraldine

Ctd do a couple of grout sealers but i believe that they need to be painted into the grout so that they do not leave a film on the tiles .

D

d noulton

yep its called seal guard origionally from australia I think was given a demo in my local tile shop they sprayed it on to kitchen roll then sprayed water at the kitchen roll water just turned to droplets and we all know how absorbant kitchen roll is used myself yea it smells but you can't even seen you've used it no smears nothing costs £30.00 pound a can well worth it

J

jdoda

That stuff sounds good. My local tile shop believes sombody has just come out with a sealer in a pen dispenser that you just draw on the grout like a magic marker anybody heard of it ?

Reply to grout spay sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen