Search the forum,

Discuss Grout lines in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Millsie

TF
Reaction score
Hi. I'm after some advice please guys. I've priced a job and the customer has asked if they have to have grout lines or if so as small as possible. There large format tiles 900 +300 ceramic. Any advice would be greatly received. As always thanks.

D

David - Tradetiler

regardless of British Standards, I'd never recommend anything narrower than 1mm.

I

Ian

I don't like to go lower than 2mm also, if the tiles aren't mm perfect, small joints might not be an option.

J

johnryan

if it's floor and walls, then i'd go with 3mm so you can follow the joint up the wall. personally wouldn't go less than 3 if you're working on a wooden floor, even with backerboards and especially with ufh.

Reply to Grout lines in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen