Search the forum,

Discuss grout lines!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

This depends upon what type of tile is being used surley..

Tumbled edged will give a thicker line...broken rustic edges can give upto an inch grout lines..like in Bastille limestone..

Then you can have a square rectifed edge..then a thinner grout line is nice..

I just take each job as it comes and use what looks best..

So cannot answer the poll.... as both work..

S

Spud

the question is too vague gooner different joint sizes are needed for different tiles :thumbsup:

B

brian c

generally speaking if its walls i use a 3mm spacer and if its floors i use a 3mm spacer.:thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

This depends upon what type of tile is being used surley..

Tumbled edged will give a thicker line...broken rustic edges can give upto an inch grout lines..like in Bastille limestone..

Then you can have a square rectifed edge..then a thinner grout line is nice..

I just take each job as it comes and use what looks best..

So cannot answer the poll.... as both work..

I agree, depends on the tile. But I'm glad you brought the subject up. I get fed up of customers asking for butt joints on rectified edge tiles, they always say the same thing." the guy or girl in the shop said that is how you do it" :mad2: Years ago I did some work in Germany, working alongside both German and Dutch fixers. One gang had really tight joints the other massive, can't remember which was which. :thumbsup:

Reply to grout lines!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen