Search the forum,

Discuss Grout and Sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

graeme

Hi,
I am new to the forum, looking for advice / encouragement !
I am puting down Kerastar 150mm disc (porcelin) tiles, want to use Mapei Ultracolor Plus Grout (space blue) with matching silicon for around the edges / drain cover.

My question is - Is there a product that can be put ontop of the grout to improve its waterproofness ? I have read of AQUA MIX GROUT SEALER and also SEALGUARD and LITHOTHIN GROUT PROTECTOR.

I have 4m2 of floor to tile with the 150mm sq tiles, any idea if 5kg of ultracolor would be enough or would I need 2 boxes ?

Thanks,

Graeme

D

DHTiling

Mapei ultra colour has water drop effect and i doubt anything will take to it...

Best to give mapei tech a call mate....:thumbsup: tel : 0121-5086970
dummy.gif

G

graeme

Yeah Whitebeam, it is a wetroom shower floor.
I have a Marmox Showerstone tray and Homelux waterproof mambrane down at the moment, have a bag of BAL Natural Stone adhesive at the ready ..... just thinking about the grout...

G

graeme

Aye,
I used Mapei multicolor plus grout, space blue in colour, it was superb !
The customer (the missus) is really happy :)

Reply to Grout and Sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen