Search the forum,

Discuss Grey Adhesive with light grey tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richardbell81

Hi all,

Will I be ok using grey adhesive (Mapei Keraflex Maxi grey) to fix 10mm thick light-medium grey porcelain floor tiles? I will be using ultracolour plus 112 medium grey grout which is pretty much the same colour as the tiles. I obviously want to avoid any shadowing but i've been reading that white adhesive is better for lighter tiles and wondered if this applied in my case! I've attached a pic to show the tiles, any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• grey-tiles.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 122
R

richardbell81

cheers fellas, i was worried there for a sec! just bought a 20kg bag of the grey stuff! I'l leave plenty of time for it to go off before applying the grout though!!

B

bugs183

It should be fine, but if you want to be 100% certain, trowel a thin skim of adhesive across the back of the tile with the flat edge of a trowel.

R

richardbell81

It should be fine, but if you want to be 100% certain, trowel a thin skim of adhesive across the back of the tile with the flat edge of a trowel.

Do you mean like back buttering? I was planning to do that anyway... Any tips on that? Guessing it's just nack you learn!

B

bugs183

Yea back buttering,get your notched trowel, turn it round and use that flat edge to skim the adhesive. Dead simple.

Reply to Grey Adhesive with light grey tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen