Search the forum,

Discuss Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I quite like impey too and used to like using the novellini linear trap ones as I think they look better than envelope cutting. Think novellini formers are now foam core though. Also,I like using water guard membranes.

I like the Novellini linear trays as well. No messing about with envelope cuts as you say

O

One Day

Schluter or Wedi.
The main reason? No weaknesses in connecting the drain assemblies.
Schluter's drain assemblies are made by them - for their trays and integrated and waterproofed at the factory.
Wedi's can only work loose if you fail to support the base properly.

Looking at the other systems (and having used most) the weaknesses are in the drain assembly.
Also inadequate falls, non-waterproof materials, reliance on additional waterproofing....

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'm going to use mosaics on the floor so no nasty envelope cuts for me. The walls will be probably nuance board from Bushboard. I know several friends who have wet rooms using those on the walls and they look good and will save me time on tiling. Not yet sure what to o on the ceiling. Its probably the most awkwardly difficult bathroom to design as it is in a Saltbox roof arrangement on an old cottage. I have to beef up the floor and build a stud wall then replumb the whole lot as I go.... still it means I don't waste time in the pub...

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wedi's drain assemblies need to be boxed in and encased in sand/cement. No way they're moving!
Like the sound of the Schluter integrated system - less faffing but more ££ss

O

One Day

Wedi also make a foam insert which takes the place of sand and cement the drain. Saves loads of time and mess too.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I don't think I can sand cement it in.... not sure the floor will take the weight...

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Needs about 5kg mortar

Q

Qwerty

The walls will be probably nuance board from Bushboard. I know several friends who have wet rooms using those on the walls and they look good and will save me time on tiling.

Fitting a disabled wet room this week using Bushboard Nuance boards (white quartz). Used them quite a bit now. Will post some pics tomorrow.
Any advice on cutting, fitting etc just ask.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If your using mosaic on a wedi tray. They can't be less than 50mm! Too much point load on a foam tray with anything less.
Use a linear drain and envelope cut. You will also have a flat face to cut your nuance boards to.

Q

Qwerty

This is the disabled wetroom I completed today using the Nuance boards....

20160901_183818.jpg
20160901_183754.jpg
20160901_183750.jpg
20160901_183815.jpg

This was before!!....

20160825_163157.jpg

20160825_163212.jpg

Reply to Gonna build a wetroom in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen