Search the forum,

Discuss gloves in a bottle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

d c tiling

Never used it myself but have seen good reports about it on here. My hands started rotting again today so I looked it up on internet to give it a go, found it on well known internet auction site fleabay for £5 plus £2.20 postage for 240ml bottle. worth a look I reckon.

G

garhum

Have you tried barrier cream I used to get a terible rash rash when I was working on the ferries using there catering suppliers washing up liquid so I aqquirred so barrier cream and it worked for me mate Screwfix sell it

G

grumpygrouter

I use Gloves in a Bottle all the time. I have posted info about it before if you want to do a search. Check out the marketing video with the Hydrochloric Acid...............

G

GazTech

poofs.....:yes: let the wife earn the proper money, and we will ***** around in tiling

Last edited by a moderator:
D

davy_G

I use it, my hands are a mess if i dont! Think i paid a tenner or so:stupid:, if yer getting it for a fiver well done:thumbsup:

T

TilingLogistics

Just ordered two bottles off e bay £14 inc postage. I will let you know when i have tried it.

Kev

G

grumpygrouter

Have you tried barrier cream I used to get a terible rash rash when I was working on the ferries using there catering suppliers washing up liquid so I aqquirred so barrier cream and it worked for me mate Screwfix sell it
The trouble with most normal barrier creams are that they wash off so have to be reapplied every time you get your hands wet. GIAB doesn't wash off, it only comes off by exfoliation. Needs applying every 4 hours while working. I have a belt and braces approach, I use marigolds as well.:yes:

T

TilingLogistics

poofs.....:yes: let the wife earn the proper money, and we will ***** around in tiling

Let me know who the poof is when you've been hand polishing 40M2 Marble walls for 2 days and you have no skin left:thinking2:

Kev

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The first time I worked on site I had to wear Hat, Boots, high viz vest, eye protectors.........and gloves. It thought to myself how am I going to tile wearing quite thick gloves. That was about 3 months ago. I now wear gloves every time I tile. I searched the pound shops and bought 20 pairs of reusable gloves. Each pair lasts about a week. They are not waterproof, but they have latex palms and material the other side. My hands do not sweat and I never leave the house without a pair. Goo luck. Sean

G

Grace'sDad

Alternative to gloves in a bottle is Dermashield - I've used it for years and can vouch for the 40% hydrochloric acid test - I did it!

I used to sell safety gloves for a living so if you've any questions....

Reply to gloves in a bottle in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen