Search the forum,

Discuss Glass fronted mosaics - adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

I was originally looking at BAL mosaic, but I have been told that If I was careful, and didn't put too much adhesive on the walls I would get away with an ordinary SPF, like the Profix stuff or similar.

I guess the BAL mosaic is relitively scratch proof, and so would not scratch the glass - am I right?

B

brian c

just out of curiosity CC,are the tiles a mesh back or the paper front ones?

i would use a mosaic 4mm trowel anyway and Mapei do a product called Adesilex p10...maybe give that a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brian c

Dave what was the adhesive that ctd were selling for £10 and was powdered adhseive,you said you were using it?A while back.

D

DHTiling

God knows...offers were for oct till dec havn't had an email yet to other iwse and havnt had time to go to ctd to see if it is still on offer...

It's only about £13 when not on offer anyway i think..

C

cornish_crofter

Thanks guys, but I can't seem to get Mapai stuff where I am, so I am looking at BAL.

G

Gazzatile

You would be best to check with manufacture as some glass tiles can only be stuck with Epoxy adhesive as water effects the backing

Reply to Glass fronted mosaics - adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen