Search the forum,

Discuss Floor with concrete and part wooden floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott Devenish

Has anyone prepped a floor for marble tiles that is 3/4 concrete screed and 1/4 wooden floorboards?
Just looking for best case scenarios for levelling the whole floor prior to tiles going down.
There's less than 1m2 of wooden floorboards at the doorway to the room, but each floorboard has a slight gap between, so I'm thinking levelling compound wouldn't be suitable due to these gaps?
Any advice is appreciated - thanks

S

Stef

Has anyone prepped a floor for marble tiles that is 3/4 concrete screed and 1/4 wooden floorboards?
Just looking for best case scenarios for levelling the whole floor prior to tiles going down.
There's less than 1m2 of wooden floorboards at the doorway to the room, but each floorboard has a slight gap between, so I'm thinking levelling compound wouldn't be suitable due to these gaps?
Any advice is appreciated - thanks
Hi, fill in the gaps with anything to stop the leveller disappearing down there, level the whole thing & fit Ditra.
You really should be looking at introducing an expansion join in the tile face above where the 2 different substrates meet.

Reply to Floor with concrete and part wooden floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen