Search the forum,

Discuss Floor self levelling compound in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Casper

Having checked my bathroom floor again I am still considering the self levelling compound option as the floor has some low spots of 5-6mm and not 3mm and have the following questions.
I am fitting a bath in one corner with side panels, do you use leveling compound all over the floor before fitting the bath or should the bath sit directly on the concrete floor.
The majority of self levelling compound manufacturers state that the final flooring must be fitted soon after it has dried, why is this ?
Cementone Cempolay Ultra Strong Self Levelling Floor Compound states that it can be used as the final wear surface, would this be a better bet for a bathroom as I still have to fit bath, sink and toilet.
I am probably going to fit cushioned vinyl type flooring, should this be fitted before or after the sink and toilet.

Thanks

L

LM

:oops:Any half decent levelling compound nowadays should have a cured strength of around 30Newtons which is basically like a road. You can set anything you like on top of them once they're cured, so don't worry about your sanitary ware, definitely level the floor first.
It does not matter how long you leave the leveller once cured before installing a floor covering, in fact the longer the better.
In regards to cushion floor vinyl, install your sanitary ware first. Do not set these on the cushion floor!
I take it you intend to have the cushion floor professionally fitted, as a DIYer won't have the skill level to cut this in around toilets and sink pedastils etc. It may also work out cheaper for you to have your floor layer to level the floor for you when you factor in the cost of a spiked roller etc. Hope this is of help :)

C

Casper

Thanks for your reply a great help and yes I shall have the flooring professionally fitted as there is no way that I could cut it straight :)

Reply to Floor self levelling compound in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen