Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

simmy08

Hi, Im pricing up a 28m2 floor for prep and tiling. I checked the floor for flatness with straight edge and the areas of crests and hollows is generalised throught the whole floor.I then checked with laser to see what tolerance was through the area and it is ranging from +5mm to -20mm.The -20mm (in a loaclised area which i will build up with slc). The rest of the floor is between +5mm -10mm.Im going to give the customer the choice of screeding the floor for the best price. I have only ever used slc in 6 to 8mm thcknesses.
Just wondered how well it "self Levels" at thicknesses lower than 6mm and what is the minimum depth you guys would go to cover the crests to hollows in the floor
thanks

I

Ian

Hello mate, I used a product called 'ultra floor, level it one' for the first time last week (my local topps has just started stocking it) it can be put on between 3mm and 50mm. I put it on at varying thicknesses and the floor was very very flat the next day, very impressed. Failing that F Ball do one called, stopgap 300, and in my opinion this is king, not cheap but brilliant. Mate of mine fits amtico and uses this everyday, and the prep for amtico has to be near perfect

S

simmy08

did you go down as low as 3mm? i had read somewhere that the thicker you go the easier it flows to one level (obviously with aid of trowel and spiked roller). Also i read that if you go too low it just follows the contours of your crest's n hollows rather than actually filling them and leveling through? can anyone help as i need to get a quote in tonight to the customer. thanks

I

Ian

did you go down as low as 3mm? i had read somewhere that the thicker you go the easier it flows to one level (obviously with aid of trowel and spiked roller). Also i read that if you go too low it just follows the contours of your crest's n hollows rather than actually filling them and leveling through? can anyone help as i need to get a quote in tonight to the customer. thanks[/QUOTE

Just make sure its mixed right, so in a word yeah! Use the Ball stuff if this is what you need to do

Reply to Floor prep in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen