Search the forum,

Discuss Floor prep for u.f.h. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Consett John

Hi, on an uneven concrete floor would you prime, self level ,lay and test the mat then self level over the mat or just prime lay mat then self level. just not sure if it will make a difference laying the mat to a uneven or level floor?

U

Uheat

Hi, on an uneven concrete floor would you prime, self level ,lay and test the mat then self level over the mat or just prime lay mat then self level. just not sure if it will make a difference laying the mat to a uneven or level floor?

HI John,

Depending on How uneven the floor is will depend on whether you will need to use a SLC.

The best floor constuction would be to use an Insulation Board, 10mm is best but 6mm is the thinnest we do. This is stuck down using a flexible tile adhesive. So if the floor is not that uneven then the floor construction will be

concrete (prime if nessesary)
adhesive
Insulation Board (Thermopanel or Ekoboard)Marmox - http://www.uheat.co.uk/backerboard.htm
UFH mat
SLC
Adhesive
Tiles

Testing the system should be done at several times throughout the installation using a multimeter to test the resistance of the cables. We also do a Installation monitor which will monitor the cable while tiling over to ensure no damage to the cables. If damage occurs then an alarm sounds. Underfloor Heating | Installation | Uheat

Hope This Helps,

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Floor prep for u.f.h. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen