Discuss Fixing Glass Shower Screen to wet room floor method? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

I don’t personally fit screens but I have done some nice wet rooms where the plumbers do just that, silicone to the floor as to not compromise the waterproofing.

B

Blunt Tool

Hi there! I'm just at the final stages of my wet room installation, and I'm going to be placing the wet room glass onto a piece of Quatz on top of a small shower curb (10cm wide). Ideally, I'd like the glass to just sit on this with no visible fixings.

Just to be clear, are you saying I could get away with a recessed wall channel, and then ONLY silicone on the bottom (and possible ceiling edge), separated by some spacers, and no other physical fixing (e.g. clamp or channel) along the bottom edge?

If someone leans on the glass will the silicone hold?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
Clear silicone along the bottom of the glass but most screens have a top straight or angle bar for securing top aswell as wall channel fixing for safety

Reaction score
Thanks for both replies, most appreciated. So at the ceiling, I’m aiming to have the screen go right up to it should I use a u channel here, or is there an invisible solution for this? Perhaps a small clear Perspex clamp attached to the ceiling? Or thin timber strips painted either side? Sounds pinickity but I’m trying to keep it all as minimal as possible!

D

Dumbo

My screen is held in the wall only . To my mind if you pushed the glass hard enough to break the seal it would of broken the glass if it was held in place mechanically .
Hope this make sense .

Reply to Fixing Glass Shower Screen to wet room floor method? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks