Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Fixing Glass Shower Screen to wet room floor method? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
I'm researching the best method of fixing a 8mm glass shower screen to a wet room floor.
Is there an https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ that will do the job to avoid any floor penetration?
Any advice gratefully received.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If you use a kudos wet room screen. They have a 2mm thick strip of plastic, bonded to the bottom.
I mark the floor, masking tape round where the screen touches the floor.
Then lay a bead of silicone on the floor and fit the glass on to it.
Clean off the excess and when dry go round with clear silicone.

B

Blunt Tool

I do same as Chalker with any screen make! do the fix to wall mark where glass going to sit on floor place couple of small wedges between floor and glass, bed in with clear silicone and seal all round with wedges in place, once dry wedges out and fill gap left with the silicone.

O

One Day

I found a silicone strip, like clear, soft rubber, in a homebase diy store. Sold as a spare part near the baths. Perfect for sitting the glass onto. Invisible when in place, and cushions nicely.

Q

Qwerty

I've used these for years. Absolute godsend!..... Transparent Plastic setting and Distance Blocks - https://www.wholesaleglasscompany.co.uk/acatalog/Transparent-Plastic-setting-and-Distance-Blocks.html

Screenshot_20171005-221913.jpg

O

One Day

And typically nowhere in stock, minimum order values with carriage, 3 day minimum lead time... And so you buy something else...
I swear I don't know how Schluter's products get sold sometimes...!
(and I really like Schluter gear)

Reaction score
I do same as Chalker with any screen make! do the fix to wall mark where glass going to sit on floor place couple of small wedges between floor and glass, bed in with clear silicone and seal all round with wedges in place, once dry wedges out and fill gap left with the silicone.

Hi there! I'm just at the final stages of my wet room installation, and I'm going to be placing the wet room glass onto a piece of Quatz on top of a small shower curb (10cm wide). Ideally, I'd like the glass to just sit on this with no visible fixings.

Just to be clear, are you saying I could get away with a recessed wall channel, and then ONLY silicone on the bottom (and possible ceiling edge), separated by some spacers, and no other physical fixing (e.g. clamp or channel) along the bottom edge?

If someone leans on the glass will the silicone hold?

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

Reply to Fixing Glass Shower Screen to wet room floor method? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock