Search the forum,

Discuss First Post - Acrylic over PVA? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

g60renshaw

First things first. Hello. This is my first post on the forum and I am sure over the coming weeks it will not be my last as I am about to embark on tiling my bathrooms, both of which have been freshly created as part of my house extension/re-configuration.
In order to minimise the cost and time involved I am only planning on tiling the floors in both the ensuite and the master bathroom and the walls around the shower area in each.
The rest of the walls will be painted, or glass splashbacks.

So to my first question.

I was advised, I now believe incorrectly having done some searches on here, to PVA the newly plastered area around the shower in the master bathroom prior to tiling. Having done this I am now reading PVA is a bad idea as it prevents the tile adhesive bonding properly.
Can I acrylic primer over the PVA? Will this help or make things worse?
I am planning on white gloss 60x30 tiles for these wall, but am yet to buy these, am I restricted in what I can use now I have PVA’d?
One wall is stud wall plasterboarded and then plastered, the other is a brick wall which has been plastered.
Its all very flat and level and ready for tiling, but I don’t want to start until I have done all I can.

Any help appreciate.

Jay

W

White Room

Hi and welcome....use some warm water and let it soak and use a sharp scraper to remove....

Reply to First Post - Acrylic over PVA? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen