Discuss Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Tried my cutter out today.

If anyone else buys one the best thing to do is open the box, take the Festool supplied blade out and then throw it in the bin....it's terrible! It gave the same cutting results as Chalker's. I then tried an old Pro Gres 115mm blade I had. Much better cut which was on par with a wet cutter so I've ordered a new blade. The dust extraction is really good and it cuts quickly although I was only cutting 90cm ceramic tiles. I'd say you could use this in doors.

With regards to the cutting, it takes a little bit of getting used to. Essentially, whatever the measurement was I either took 3mm or added 3mm to the dimension depending on which side of the cut I needed. This is down to a combination of the blade thickness and the Festool track. I'll play around with it a bit to see if it gets better.

Once I receive the new blade I'll try it again on porcelain

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so far in this thread the only good point is the dust extraction for internal cutting...a lot of money for little gain...good old grinder..cheap and makes you money;);)

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I didn't put the new disc in today. I can't help but feel as bit disappointed with Festool on this one. Yes, the dust extraction is good but otherwise it is still just an angle grinder at the end of the day.

My last post said that the cutting was off 3mm but realize now that it was because I was using my 1400mm track which had been trimmed fro my track saw.

The new 800mm track that came with the set seems up and cuts to the guide from what I can see but if you cut too quickly the cut goes a bit wonky.

One of the reasons I bought it is because I've got a full bathroom of marble tiles in a few weeks time and I don't want to be going outside for constant wet cuts. If it saves me time on that job it will have been worthwhile.

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
20160311_144008.jpg
Over the last week I've been using the Festool cutter and I'm actually quite pleased with it. The job is in a bedroom which is furthest from the drive and I'm cutting 15mm marble. It's been a lot easier this week to cut the tiles in doors. In terms of cut I would say it's not quite as good as a wet cutter - it's 90% there though.

I can't use a wet cutter inside so this works. Dust extraction has been really good - I'd say 95-98% of dust is taken away. Granted, you get a little blast of dust when you first cut the tile and on exit but I have an air filter running at the same time so that catches everything else.

The real test is porcelain which I tried today and it cut much better than I thought it would. The picture above shows both sides of the cut tile.

It's still a bit tricky to line up the cuts. If you have a TS55 you know that the cut lines up perfectly with the rail trim. This is different. If anything the rail is there just to guide the saw and gives you no clue of where exactly to place the tile. As long as you have the rails though, you can cut any length of tile you like.

Am I glad I bought it? Yes. I have the Bosch version and it's way better than that.

Incidentally, I threw the Festool blade out and put a Pro-Gres 125 blade in.

O

Old Mod

Really sorry mate, accident!
Haha guessed/hoped as much.
It's no problem tbh, but I did make you post,
Welcome to the forum.
Why not join in some more,
we're not scary, honest :rolleyes:

Thanks for taking the time to post. :thumbsup:

Reply to Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks