Discuss Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

It's a Microclene MC760. It filters 760 cubic metres per hour. A bit noisy, but customers are always surprised by how little dust there is when I renovate a bathroom so it's paid for itself over and over again.

View attachment 80502
Your air filter Martin(sorry mate) where does the filtered air go from your extractor, in to a ducting and out the window or in to some kind of collector?

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The filtered air goes straight out of the back of the unit Marc via two 45 degree vents. It doesn't need to go outside of the room as the filter media will have collected all of the dust.

It has a G4 filter so this is 90% efficient at collecting anything 5 microns and above. At 1 micron it's 65% efficient.

Microclene filters are popular amongst the wood working industry. It's not perfect but it is compact and pulls 90% of the dust out of the air very quickly. I'm sure if you wanted better filtration you could just put a G5 filter in instead.

As I have said before, sometimes there isn't a window close by so this little unit is perfect for occasions. If it packed up I'd definitely get another one.

O

Old Mod

If it packed up I'd definitely get another one.

Thanks Martin, I get it now, haha I obviously wasn't paying attention earlier, apologies.
Great idea. How long do the filters last on average, or how many jobs are you likely to get thro before replacing filters?

O

Old Mod

I've just seen they sell them at toolpost, they've got to be pretty good then.
All the gear they sell that I've seen is top notch.

Toolpost

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think the filter will last for years if you take care of it. You'll see the dust build up on it very quickly at which point I run the hoover nozzle over it. Every now and then I'll remove the filter altogether and hoover the back of it too.

I've had my filter for 2 years and it looks the same as the day I bought it.

Reply to Festool Dsc-ag125 Tile Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks