Search the forum,

Discuss Externals corners on retro beveled edge tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

What's the best way to do external corners using 150x75mm retro beveled edge tile,given the cut tile is thicker than the beveled edge , what is the best trim to use?

I

Ian

The best way is to mitre the externals, if trim is used, there are dips where the tile bevels.

C

charlie1

Hi Ian, your options are:

trim that matches the thickest point.

or

mitre the edge of tile (tricky)

if you go down the mitring route then ensuring walls are plumb is good practice but is a must IMO when doing an external corner, If you use trim then grouting will play a part in the finish, avoid being tempted in to thinking "that will be ok when grouted syndrome", it may looks acceptable at first if its hiding rough cuts but remember, grout depreciates in time so pay close attention to your external cuts both when cutting and when grouting.

Anyway, just realised you asked a specific question relating to trim, my preference is genesis square edge but for your tile and situation I'd be tempted to source a corner tile in keeping with the retro look of the metro tile.

I'm currently having lunch and had a snickers.... Maybe that advert is true lol... Good luck

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
In my opinion i think trim looks awful with these. If you mitre them they look so much better. I did a Victorian bathroom last year. As long as on the corners you use a full tile around the corners and if its a but tile use a cut tile around the corner. The natural bevel of the tile around the corner will look perfect if you do it that way.

Reply to Externals corners on retro beveled edge tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen