Search the forum,

Discuss Exterior Grout or Pointing in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

Helenmc73

Hi
We are currently laying a patio with granite slabs. I would like some advice on whether to exterior grout or point between the slabs.

The slabs are grey and we would ideally like a dark grey grout. Is there a best product to go for that will last outside or is pointing more reliable?

Thanks in advance.

B

Blunt Tool

Hi welcome to the forum :). Usually with exterior granite pavers they are pointed not grouted. Mix is usually soft sand, Portland cement and colour added. Mix is usually 4 sand to 1 cement then colour. Get a dry day when hopefully no rain expected, mix the sand and cement and colour and do not add water, get a small watering can and spray only the joints of pavers. Trowel in dry mix and compact then leave for a while. The water in joints will rise into the dry mix, take a soft brush to brush away excess and smooth joint with trowel. Leave to dry.

Reply to Exterior Grout or Pointing in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen