Search the forum,

Discuss Expansion joints or skirting off in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I don’t think anybody knows about your issues with cuts and layout except yourself. Make the best of what’s in front of you, it’s all you can do.

Reaction score
Oh and not to mention how big some of the gaps are behind the skirts which the builders have just pumped full of caulk and 50 paslode nails... Not easy to reinstall and looks ***** until repainted :(

Am I having a valid dilemma or do you guys just crack on with it without thinking about it ...

T

Time's Ran Out

I’d be more concerned with what type of screed are you Tiling on, how long has it been down, are there any day joints and what guarantee you are giving them!

Reaction score
I’d be more concerned with what type of screed are you Tiling on, how long has it been down, are there any day joints and what guarantee you are giving them!
Ok haha.. let me check I'm on the right page then

Screed as in concrete or anhydrite .. drying times for concrete 6 weeks + depending on depth, any sooner s2 TM ultimate addy.

Day joints .. Not sure on this but I'm guessing you'd see them ? Would it give rise to separate movements ?

Guarantees - I thought all tiling jobs are meant to last until they've probably forgot who did it lol hence why I wanna make sure I get everything spot on (and ask you guys!)

Cheers again for all input

SteveH

TF
Reaction score
The skirts really should be removed and you should also put an expansion at all doorways anyway.
Nobody that knows what they’re talking about will criticise an expansion joint at a doorway. I would put one in every doorway rather than just one.
Can you recommend a joint that looks good in doorways?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’m having the problem now with expansion joints, 1st door way I put one in , he has decided he doesn’t want them , so I’m putting two soft joints in the floor along the whole floor length .
Luckily the skirts are off

L

LM

I’m having the problem now with expansion joints, 1st door way I put one in , he has decided he doesn’t want them , so I’m putting two soft joints in the floor along the whole floor length .
Luckily the skirts are off
That’s a bit like me telling my mechanic I don’t like wheel nuts so put less on.

Reply to Expansion joints or skirting off in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen