Discuss Expansion joints in screed in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Joel DIY

Subscribed
Reaction score
Hello fellow tilers forum community,
I have laid underfloor heating mats on top of insulation boards and poured screed over the top of the mats.
I forgot to add any expansion joints and am concerned about what to do.
Any advice will be appreciated before I move forward with tiling the floors.
Thanks
Joel

Joel DIY

Subscribed
Reaction score
If they are conected then a soft expansion in the doorway if separate then you dont need to worry
they are separate rooms not connected and running independently with their own mat and thermostat.
I will leave an expansion joint at the door way but am concerned about the screed has nowhere to move against the walls.

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As long as its flexie screed you will be fine its a small floor.
Remember the rules for heating it up for the 1st time

Joel DIY

Subscribed
Reaction score
If they are zoned then you beed expansion joints in the doorways
Thanks Dave, that’s really helpful and good to know. I’ve been panicking a bit. I had such trouble with my builder and have been taking on the project for myself and doing a much better job, albeit a lot slower ;)

Reply to Expansion joints in screed in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks