Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Embroidered Logo Clothing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DJT75

Can anyone recommend an online company for having some clothing
embroidered with my company logo? (polo shirts, sweatshirt, fleece etc)

I'm looking for the cheapest option as apposed to top quality clothing.

thanks

F

faithhealer

If you do a search I'm sure you'll find other threads on this. Personally I use some local who only charges for the embroidery, no set up charge!

B

biffa

try ebay, there's loads to choose from. some even do packages of t shirts, sweat shirts and trousers. quite reasonable too

Reaction score
i had a guy knock the door the other day, he had just gone on his own, doing double glazing he said , i thought ok so my handles on my windows were giving me jip so he had a look, you need to replace them ok ,then the mrs said about a lock on another he said replace,i said how much he said ill go to the suppliers and do it now if you want ,go for it then he had nice van, embroidered clothes, the lot , everthing he did whent wrong ,what a t-----r i helpt him lift window in and out about 15 times in the end he gave up and apologised and went, so i tend to be suspicious of guys like this now more than ever, new tools is also a givaway :thumbsup:

D

DJT75

I better go dirty mine up then as all I have is brand new. Which doesn't make someone a bad tiler

Reaction score
no but it might indicate that someone has just finished a four day course, and been out and bought all new tools and are going to practice there tiling skills on your floor, that you might want an experienced tiler on, do you get were im coming from matey :thumbsup:

D

DJT75

no but it might indicate that someone has just finished a four day course, and been out and bought all new tools and are going to practice there tiling skills on your floor, that you might want an experienced tiler on, do you get were im coming from matey :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, I know. But at the same time they may have finished a 4 week course & actually be a better tiler than someone who thinks he's got 20 good years experience.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere & let's face it, will anyone see your tools before they've actually hired you? nope

J

jay

true djt75 but when you do, listen for the little alarm bells going of in customers head take the kiss aproach rome wasnt built in one day good luck :8:

C

CBTC

Oh yeah, I know. But at the same time they may have finished a 4 week course & actually be a better tiler than someone who thinks he's got 20 good years experience.
Everyone's gotta start somewhere & let's face it, will anyone see your tools before they've actually hired you? nope
Appreciate your positive thnking dj, however my last apprentice was naturally gifted at setting tiles, far better than I was 20 something years back. However this only got him a head start at this trade, far away from knowing what was what - and he wouldnt have been given a job to do unsupervised for a good 18 months. In the end he couldnt even work under supervision and was eventually sacked! Sad for him frankly and dispiriting for us. Good at tiling yes - at learning a trade - no. Perfect DIYer mind!
Had all the tools pinched once - had to turn up with the new lot on site - v embarrasing...:nonod::blush2:

D

diamondtiling

Your'd be amazed how many guys look at your tools and ask indescrete questions

So how many times has a bloke asked you discrete questions about your tool, and what was your reply?

"its fun to stay at the YMCA, its fun to stay at the YMCA"

H

hillhead

Seen a guy from dublin walk onto a site once with new sigma cutter hanging from his pocket(yes.small 2b i think)and new scraper.trowel etc! We all looked :yikes: he was useless! Rest of day he put on 6 tiles! But he had head screwed on too-he was employing another lad onstite and he was pure class.an italian.id have took him north myself! Not a word of english though.he talked to me through his buddy on phone.lol.pleasure to watch though.:thumbsup:

Reply to Embroidered Logo Clothing in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks