Search the forum,

Discuss door strip for 2 diff levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

Angela

Hi
I and tiling my kitchen floor and would be grateful for advice on how to finish the join between the kitchen and the lounge. the tiled kitchen floor will be slightly lower than the wood floor in the lounge . I have a standard door strip but if I fit this thery will be a gap on the tile side. Is there a sloped/angled door strip, if i slope the tiles /pack them up - they could poss break with people walking over them. Any advice would be much appreciated, only tiled walls before - first time at atempting tiling a concrete floor. thanks to anyone who can help:)

I

IvegotsTILE

Knip down Topps or your nearest tiling centre,they have a wide range of door trims and will easily be able to find one for you,I've done alot of floors where they join another floor at a different level.Once there on you won't really notice the height difference so much.
Hope this helps!

J

jreilly

Screwfix have a good range of door strips heres one that might help

Laminate Reducer Walnut 0.9m - NoLinksToThis, Where The Trade Buys

Last edited by a moderator:
V

Varley

If it is just a few mil and you wanted to get it flush then you could raise the level with some self leveller, be pricey though, if not don't pack the tiles out at the door, wouldn't leave a nice finish, as the guys above have said you can get door strips to join different level floors, I always get mine from Topps Tiles but there are other places.

D

DHTiling

you can get these finishing strips in a one part system which collapses in height when tapped down with a rubber hammer or a two part system which has a base plate which you fix to floor then a top piece which fixes to that but this type you can see the fixings but with one part you cant... you can also get them the same colour as your timber floor....probaly best place to get trims to finish to timber will be a laminate distributer or similar....but as mentioned some tile shops might sell them....

Reply to door strip for 2 diff levels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen