Search the forum,

Discuss Does work dry up over xmas and early next year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tysfoot

Hi, I was wondering if work drys up late november and december cos of xmas and january and febuary because everyone is skint, is this true

B

brian c

In general you will find that in January/FEB that it is alittle quieter.One piece of advice i would give is dont stop trying to get work even when you have some lined up.

P

Perry

Retail work drys up in November, domestic very busy up to xmas quiter in January where are you based Pete

T

tysfoot

I work part time but i want to become a full time tiler, i have a bigish ad in yellow pages but i want to quit my job, is it worth staying in my job over xmas and getting in the overtime then after january quit my job and start tiling again

P

Perry

January not a good time to start i started weekend evenings longs hours before i started full time

T

tysfoot

The only thing i worry about is going to a customers house at 2 in the afternoon and finishing at 7 in the evening, a lot of customers want the job done which puts people off, but on the plus iam cheaper than my competitors
----
Its just annoying because of xmas is in the way cos im ready to do it full time now

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fred

I find January a bit slow usually, this year it went mad! Hope the same happens next year. I was also expecting a slow summer, but picked up a nice 4 week contract.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Booked up till Christmas :thumbsup:

Few old customers have rang and are prepared to wait till January :thumbsup:....when I say few............I really mean 2 :grin:

Last year I was back working on the 3rd Jan........and fairly steady

S

Smitten

Very good question, tysfoot!
Questions like this are vital for those of us wanting to jump in!
I can't wait to read the reat of the replies!

Smitten

F

faithhealer

Last year Dec/Jan three big jobs pulled out at the last minute. Thought I was high and dry but the phone always rang at the last minute!

Reply to Does work dry up over xmas and early next year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen