Currently reading:
Does work dry up over xmas and early next year

Search the forum,

Discuss Does work dry up over xmas and early next year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jeff

The only thing i worry about is going to a customers house at 2 in the afternoon and finishing at 7 in the evening, a lot of customers want the job done which puts people off, but on the plus iam cheaper than my competitors
----
Its just annoying because of xmas is in the way cos im ready to do it full time now

i arnt having a dig here mate,but it sounds to me your new to tiling
by the sound of it your under cutting everyone around your area
if your good at your job you shouldnt have to undercut as a good reputation will always get you work!!!
by undercutting,all it will do is put less and less money in good tilers pockets!!
charge the going rate mate
isnt it bad enough with the polish over here undercutting our good trade
not having a go mate but theres too many people undercutting now and its spoiling it for the rest of us

T

tops111

hello pal,thinking the same as you about giving up job to go tiling full time. Have been doing ok for past year with proper rates which to be honest i didnt think i would have got any work. But honestly when you explain to a customer what their paying for,why their paying that price for it, a 12 month guarantee, afriendly smile,clean work place and a job youve done youre best on,youll be amazed how quick youre reputation travels. Im booked up till jan,but giving it till april/may time till i jump in and i cant wait.Good luck with whatever your decision mate:8: :thumbsup:

Reply to Does work dry up over xmas and early next year in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.