Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Does anybody wear dust masks when cutting? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

m3fitter

hmmm. Just had a warning for this, health and safety officer took a photo of one of my tilers without a face fitted FF63 dust mask, had to endure a 30 minute meeting about the dangers of chemicals in porcelain & ceramic tiles, even with a wet cutter.... we'll all look like Michelin men within the decade, fully protected :lol:

G

Gazzer

Yes you all should wear masks when mixing and cutting. It could cause Silicosis or "Miners disease".

Reaction score
I use a mask when working with stone or cement boards, but not for mixing or cutting other materials. I always wear latex gloves when grouting though, I got fed up of the split, bleeding, painful hands

afright

TF
Reaction score
Worked with a old tiler he died of asbestosis,he was a stickler for using bal flex all the time now that has a very fine powder not saying thats what done him, but he never used a mask

W

White Room

Worked with a old tiler he died of asbestosis,he was a stickler for using bal flex all the time now that has a very fine powder not saying thats what done him, but he never used a mask

Aspestos was a standard building material many years ago, I believe it's estimated that 20 old construction workers die every year.

D

Deleted member 43753

I would advise any tilers on this forum to wear dust masks at all times when cutting tile as if not there will be a risk affecting your breathing later for sure.These days,unlike when I started out it is much more acceptable to have all the necessary health and safety kit so please do this as I will be as from now on

A

Aston

I now wear a mask for cutting and mixing, no point taking risks where you health is concerned.

Q

Qwerty

Ran out of masks a fortnight ago, so resorted to new dish cloths & masking tape. It worked! [emoji106][emoji6]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425757678.479209.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Haha! Yes, clean one out of the van. Was chasing channels out of a brick wall for pipework using the trusty ATS turbo. Dusty as hell, ended up needing both hands so masking taped the vacuum nozzle to my wrist which worked well [emoji1]

S

Sean SML Tiling

Haha I bet the customer would of had a shock seeing you with masking tape and a cloth around your face and a hoover taped to your hand.

M

Mr Tiler

i only use mine when dusting off after grouting. burns my nose and can taste the grit on my teeth if i dont oh and seem to pick my nose more on the drive home with all the grouty snot lol

Reply to Does anybody wear dust masks when cutting? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks