Discuss Does anybody wear dust masks when cutting? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I don't use them,but thinking I should start when cutting and mixing.
ive had 2 bathrooms to do this week,1 marble,1 travatine and as it was 5 flights up in a posh building I had to do the cutting and mixing in a room in the house. Come the end of the week I'm choked with the cold for the 3rd time in 2 months.
it might be a coincedene but I'm beginning to think it might be related,especially when you are driving home and you can taste it up your nose and in your mouth.
surely it can't be good for you.
anybody think it could lead to cancer later in life? Or am I being paranoid?

D

Dash J

I don't wear a mask,I say that whilst lighting a cigarette :)

I think the smoking will get me before dust

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Never used to because I used to use a wet cutter, now though with a different workload I do, mask goggles and ear defenders, where and when needed.

L

lizzardtong

I use dust mask whenever possible. I dont use disposable as its hard to take a breath. I use jsp one from screwfix befor that it was jagger

H

Handyeire

I've never used any masks in all my days mixing cement, plaster and tile adhesive. Now I'm a lot older I wish I had because my breathing has got bad this last year or 2. Think I had an asma attack just before xmass, was painting a house for someone and just before I finished, I just couldn't breath properly and had to go outside. I know the fumes has played a massive part in it but have been getting other symptoms similar to it this last while. So any young lad reading this, I strongly suggest you use your masks because years of chemical dust will catch up on ya and could cause serious damage to you.

T

Time's Ran Out

Something will get you!
Red meat.
Red wine.
Drinking too much water.
Always a new issue each week but dust can be avoided so take precautions.

M

mike1979

i don t use one as often as i should i had a medical the other day for my other job and had a row as my chest apparently is not 100 %

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Something will get you!
Red meat.
Red wine.
Drinking too much water.
Always a new issue each week but dust can be avoided so take precautions.

Too much of the Columbian export TJ? :sofahide:

K

kimboslash

Really should wear a dust mask, but never do. Same goes for rubber gloves when grouting, couldn't get on with them when i first started so now i just have hands like a 90 year old!

Reply to Does anybody wear dust masks when cutting? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks