Search the forum,

Discuss Do you price over the phone or by email. etc.? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Say if a customer phones you or emails you , do you give prices say per mtr over the phone etc...

I have had a few ask and i always decline to price or give prices per mtr ..

1 : I think each job should be viewed and priced accordingly..

2 : It could be a newbie tiler sussing your mtrge rates etc.. :):), had a few of them do that as well ..

G

Gazzer

I dont price over the phone, I just say it all depends on tile and how much cutting etc. I get lots of those calls.

I

Ian

No never price without viewing a job. Unless its an agreed day rate for an existing client/contact.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have to see the job first. :thumbsup:

Usually Suss out those chancers trying to get a price without seeing the job.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Never give a price without seeing the job first. Customers will not tell you everything as they are generally looking for the cheapest price. I need to see it before giving a price, you never know what the job involves till you've seen it.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
every time ive done that the jobs ended up being nothing like what they have said on the phone, so allways look at them...

O

Olz

Never just over phone but did once price a simple bath splash back job via emailed pictures (with a tape measure showing clear measurements and a spirit level showing wall was good and flat) because driving their to quote, then back to do job made it uneconomical.

W

White Room

Never price over the phone it's a must see first, a few just ask for a ball park figure but always suspect with a few of them...

B

Bubblecraft

I never give my prices over the phone. I always view the job. If someone is willing to accept a price over the phone, they are phoning round to get the cheapest. You don't really want customers like that

Reply to Do you price over the phone or by email. etc.? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen