Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Do any tilers where hand protection? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

Householder

I am considering tiling as a career option and was wondering do any tilers where gloves - either all the way throgh an installation or at some part of tile fixing, thanks.

M

Mike

i only wear them for grouting as the grout is not good for the skin. it may be advisable to wear them for mixing cement as that's damaging to the skin too. some tiles can be sharp when cut but that's just part of the job, gloves would just get in the way for any other tasks i.m.o.

D

doit4u

Never ever worn gloves for anything and my hands have been in a lot of things over the years - oil, grease, petrol, paraffin, white sprit, cement, paint, cow poo, without any problems, but perhaps I have just been lucky. I know a lot of people's skin reacts badly to all sorts of chemicals.

G

Gall.B

Latex mostly for grouting & spreading.

Should wear them more some sites you have to wear them!

My hands are like asbestos now especialy after giving the an ammonia shower:lol: to toughen them up on the advice of my Tradesmen after suffering cement burns!

S

steve187

Latex mostly for grouting & spreading.

Should wear them more some sites you have to wear them!

My hands are like asbestos now especialy after giving the an ammonia shower:lol: to toughen them up on the advice of my Tradesmen after suffering cement burns!

the good old ammonia shower, a long long time ago

T

Tomtiler

just latex ones most sites ive been on its a must now and also having these dust extractors on the grinder

C

Chris Alderton

I always wear gloves when tiling and grouting. Compared to my other tiling mates, my hands are in great condition. i also find the gloves help to grip the tiles when positioning them if they are a bit wet.
I use a "Polyco Matrix F" like the ones on the link below:
Matrix F Grip? Gloves=
although there are other pairs available.

They make life a lot easier and cleaning my hands is certainly a lot easier at the end of the day.

D

doug boardley

I never wear gloves, but sometimes when I feel a split/kin/heck coming I use a hemp barrier cream from Body Shop, superb stuff imo.

Reply to Do any tilers where hand protection? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks