Discuss Ditra Heat On Timber Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

sparky27

Hi Folks

Looking for some expert advice. I am thinking about installing 600x600 x 9mm porcelain tiles in kitchen installed on ditra heat. Was thinking install should go something like this. Remove old 18mm floorboards. Install 3 x 2 noggins every 300mm (joist are 400mm centres). Screw 25mm wbp ply down every 300mm (prime reverse and sides of ply with bal sbr first) Install ditra heat mats with bal ctf4/admix ad1, using 6x6mm notch trowel. Install heat cable and probes. Stick tiles down with bal single part flexible adhesive 10mm round notched trowel. 4mm grout using micromax 2 grout. Not bothered about adhesive for sticking ditra heat down, but would like to use standard setting adhesive on top of ditra heat.
Any advice greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Looking for some expert advice. I am thinking about installing 600x600 x 9mm porcelain tiles in kitchen installed on ditra heat. Was thinking install should go something like this. Remove old 18mm floorboards. Install 3 x 2 noggins every 300mm (joist are 400mm centres). Screw 25mm wbp ply down every 300mm (prime reverse and sides of ply with bal sbr first) Install ditra heat mats with bal ctf4/admix ad1, using 6x6mm notch trowel. Install heat cable and probes. Stick tiles down with bal single part flexible adhesive 10mm round notched trowel. 4mm grout using micromax 2 grout. Not bothered about adhesive for sticking ditra heat down, but would like to use standard setting adhesive on top of ditra heat.
Any advice greatly appreciated

Good morning!

I have attached our DITRA-HEAT installation guide for your reference, it should help! If you have any other questions please feel free to contact our technical team, [email protected] and they will be able to assist.

Best regards,

Georgia

Attachments

• Schlüter-DITRA-HEAT-E Installation Guide (554591 UK) 0517 [Web].pdf
    2 MB · Views: 37
F

Flintstone

If the floorboards are in decent condition there is no need at all to remove them. Make sure they are fixed down well. Overboard with insulation board, 10mm, wedi board etc, then fit your ditra heat. 3mm tile joints.

Reply to Ditra Heat On Timber Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks