Search the forum,

Discuss Damp wall or condensation would you tile on it???? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

L

lukeb

Hi Guys.
Have to do 16m2 of wall tiling (little toilet -local barber)
Walls are getting damp all the time.Client had survey done by the company dealing with raising damp they said its not raising damp.Client thinks it might be caused by condensation???(room is 2m by 1m had extractor fan fitted works on constant all day long - walls still wet.
He painted walls with damp stop paint but still peeling off.

what would you suggest tile onto it and hope its going to be ok.or what would be the best thing to do.
Client dont want to get involved in any more inspections,surveys etc. as he said only a staff toilet.
What would you do????????????????

Client had other walls tiled years ago he said there was a damp issues with them but tiles are solid.
Please keep in mind we are not talking high end work here ...please advise

A

Aston

as dave
you need to find the source of the damp, sort that out, let the wall dry thoroughly and then tile it otherwise you will have comebacks..

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
prob no heating in there,or a rad whats not on,cold air warm air circlating constant all day causing the condensation.
how hard would it be to strip the paint off ?

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Can we see how bad the damp is in a picture?

I've literally just returned from a quote with a similar issue. Not rising damp, but a house built in 1700 in the fens. Cold air a adverse weather across miles of open, flat country side. Due to the age of the building there is no DPC. I think the weather is transfering through the mortar.

But in answer to the OP question. I wouldn't be tiling it until the damp/condensation issue is rectified.

Reply to Damp wall or condensation would you tile on it???? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen