Search the forum,

Discuss Damp meters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

Can anyone suggest a meter that can test sand cement screeded floors and also anhydrated floors as well?

Do they do one that will test both?
if not are there two seperate ones that peeps can suggest that wont break the bank?
what do you use for testing prior to tiling?

P

peckers

Thanks for the links dave, have had a look and im confused.com which do you use, or do you pull your hair out and stick them to plastic. i would be bold soon if i used this method :thumbsup:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the correct test method based on BS8204 for testing moisture in either screed type is to use a simple analogue floor "hair hygrometer"

There is not an electronic meter which will accurately measure the moisture in an anhydrite screed full stop. the reason being that we look at such low moisture contents and the sulphate slats interfere with the electronic resistance reading so you can only ever get an indication from these meters.

Here is a link for the type of thing you should be looking at for anhydrite. They are about £85 plus postage last time I bought one.

broken link removed

If using a cement based adhesive you should aim for 75% or below and use an epoxy primer. Better still aim for below 85% rh and use a gypsum based tile adhesive with acrylic primer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Damp meters in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen