Search the forum,

Discuss cracked tiles 6 months afer fitting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

We have recently had our kitchen floor tiled. 4 weeks after fitting when walking upon the tiles loud cracks like snapping sticks were audible. The tiles looked to be sound with no cracks visible. After 5 months cracks have appeared mainly in the middle of the floor and on the periphery of the kitchen
. Theses cracks are point to point. It would appear the tiler fitted 6mm ply to wayrock flooring. The wayrock flooring had some movement in before the ply was fitted.

I know absolutely nothing about tiling could someone please advise in laymans terms.

Thanks and Regards...Keith Butler

U

Unregistered

the floor was not prepared correctly prior to tiling, get the tiler back

The tiler said he would come back yesterday, but he didn't show up, 1 tile came up in April it took him 6 weeks to sort this problem out. I don't expect him to come back at all. Do you have any idea where we stand from a legal point of view.

Cheers...Keith Butler

K

Keithy1957

Thanks for your response. I know nothing about tiling, I expected the tiler would know, that's why we gave him the job. I work on the rigs so it was somewhat of a surprise to see tiles cracking 6 months after fitting. If you don't know, then you don't know. I have never professed that I knew about tiling, you may have a misconception about me, this why we hired a pro (debatable)

Reply to cracked tiles 6 months afer fitting in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement