Discuss Corner trim problem - stats just don't add up!!! HELP!!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

wildfirejc

Hi,

My tiler has spent over an hour trying to fix a corner trim to a concealed toilet box he built.
He has a problem aligning the corner trim to the 4 other pieces that is inter-related.
I have attached a photo - using the tile corner trim, aligning it to the left edge trim and the bottom trim that meets up with the bottom of the corner trim, there is a small gap on the right angle corner trim which is supposed to meet up with the corner to then meet the vertical trim at the end of the wall where the window box comes up.

I know it is hard to explain and I should really show it in pictures...but he and I can't work out why there is a gap when everything is 90 deg right angled?

Any tricks in the trade to sort it out?

WE are using tile rite.

Attachments

• Tile corner.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 135
Reaction score
try putting the corner insert on the other way not on the top but on the side its hard to explain what i mean the profile of the tile trim will be different like i said its hard to explain

W

wildfirejc

This is the close up view.
See the gap?

Attachments

• Tile corner trim 2.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 106

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
just seen new photo so removed comment

M

Mike

that looks like it's because you've cut the top tile too short, it should have been cut and fitted after the trim

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I agree with Mike

W

wildfirejc

But the right hand trim meets up with the vertical trim in the window sill - so are you saying that the concealed toilet cladding is too far in?
Cos if we don't use the corner trim, the 3 trims meet up and the right hand trim also meet up perfectly with the vertical trim on the window sill....

B

Brinkley

corner of the boxing must be out of square then try offering up an uncut tile on the corner to check for square

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It looks like the tile thats coming away from the window is not at 90 degrees. If the flat tile on top of the cistern is not a full tile then I suggest that your tiler cuts to match the angle that the vertical tile runs away from the window. Also he may want to round off the corner of the flat tile so it fits into the metal curve trim. Something is definitely out square.

Reply to Corner trim problem - stats just don't add up!!! HELP!!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks