Search the forum,

Discuss Contract / insulation board on the floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DavidJ

cement board not concrete board is the term.
Thanks. Duly noted.
Nothing wrong with jackoboard on a timber floor but I think they recommend 10mm as a minimum on timber . It's easier to cut and it's insulating as well it's also much lighter to handle. As for weight bearing it has been successfully used in car showrooms according to their tech department .
Thank you jcr. It would have been used successfully in car show rooms by people who know what they're doing rather than a numpty like me! :) I'd end up worrying about it. The 10mm is a bit off-putting as I'd like to minimize the lip into the room. I think I've managed to talk myself out of it.

Reaction score
I'm not sure if its correct but, I've always assumed that the cement boards will take more deflection out of a suspended floor than the othersort.
You can seal them up with primer and tape the joints to waterproof if required too.

D

Dumbo

Thanks. Duly noted.

Thank you jcr. It would have been used successfully in car show rooms by people who know what they're doing rather than a numpty like me! :) I'd end up worrying about it. The 10mm is a bit off-putting as I'd like to minimize the lip into the room. I think I've managed to talk myself out of it.
If your a numpty it can fail with cement board .

D

Dumbo

I'm not sure if its correct but, I've always assumed that the cement boards will take more deflection out of a suspended floor than the othersort.
You can seal them up with primer and tape the joints to waterproof if required too.
Cement board isn' waterproof it would have to be waterproofed. I have also repaired wooden floors that had cement board

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Contract / insulation board on the floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen