Search the forum,

Discuss Commercial kitchen advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

These are new tiles we are putting down - also how far would a 5kg tub of easypoxy go ? roughly ? and can it be found somewhere easy like Jewsons or similar builders merchants ?
Thanks

I doubt that a builders merchant would stock epoxy, try your local tile supplies shop, If they dont have it they will order it for you

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

Carole - On a 150x150mm tile a 2/3mm pegged joint should be ok!
The area covered by the 5kg epoxy tub will depend on the thickness of the tile and surface wastage!
For your 16.5sq mts you may need 3/4 tubs.:thumbsup:
Jewsons are part of the St Gobain group and will be able to order the grout through CTD if you cannot get it via your local tile supplier as suggested by 'diamond'.

Timeless John.

G

grumpygrouter

These are new tiles we are putting down - also how far would a 5kg tub of easypoxy go ? roughly ? and can it be found somewhere easy like Jewsons or similar builders merchants ?
Thanks
You might be better buying 1kg tubs. The stuff goes off quick in the bucket so you need to work reasonably fast. I have never used a 5kg pack but if it is anything like the 1kg pak you mix ALL of each compnent together to make sure it sets correctly. To do this with 5kg might mean you waste a lot!

Reaction score
If there is two tilers working (or one tiler and a labourer) 5KG units is fine - one to grout and one to wash off before it sets on the face....:smilewinkgrin:

One 5KG unit should get you through 4 to 5m2 (Regardless what he BAL calculator tells you!!)

Also the temperature in the room will make a big difference as to how easy the epoxy is to use - we normally heat the grout up in warm water first while its still in the packaging, before it's mixed, this will make it much easier to use - if it gets cold it will be like using chewing gum...

Last edited:
C

CBTC

Carole, theadvice above mostly all good, however if you arent familiar with some 'normal' grout work in the past then I would hesitate to suggest you try applying the epoxy yourselves, since the working time is relatively short, and the difficulty of cleaning residues or even haze if not all cleared in the initial process is not to be underestimated. Drag on joints is an issue as mentioned, and if done very poorly / sunk too deep / left high in joint / scuffed finish, might not pass the inspection. Correctly done it will take 24 hours to get to practical set, but after that you will have no trouble and get gold stars from the health people...probably!
Epoxy is protein free, and highly impervious compared to cementitious grout. cleaning / maintenence will be trouble free with regard to the grout for a long time to come.
I would advise getting the smaller pot sizes to avoid waste.

Reply to Commercial kitchen advice please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen