Discuss client wont pay in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 56116

Started a job, tiling 5 kitchens on Monday, I had got nearly 3 of them finished when the client come in and said he has found problems with my tiling, baring in mind up to this conversation he had been in and out several times a day, saying what a good job it looked and he was happy. he has been round with a spirit level, and quote 'if you look through the window at them they dont line up with the window frame'..... at this point i was getting frustrated as my work i thought was to a good standard, and he had previously been happy with the job, He said either strip all 3 down and do it again or he would get someone else, at this point I was confused to why he all of a sudden didnt like my tiling after 3 days, so I agreed to pay for the materials i had used and leave,, I lost £660 labour and £351 materials.....anyone else ever had this problem? can I get my money back or do i just move on.... I have uploaded pictures of my work.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You unlikely to get your money I'm afraid because you walked off the job and failed to complete so technically you are in breach of contract. Sounds to me though like you are better off out of it. You could send him a bill and see what happens

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Having a closer look at your photos I guess I can see what the client is saying.
The circled joints all seem to step down and the slither cut to the side of the cooker switch isn't good enough to be classed a professional finish.

B9D784B4-9F2F-486A-86B6-130D1040791B.jpeg

Did you offer to remedy any issues?

D

Deleted member 56116

Having a closer look at your photos I guess I can see what the client is saying.
The circled joints all seem to step down and the slither cut to the side of the cooker switch isn't good enough to be classed a professional finish.

View attachment 112838

View attachment 112838

No, he wanted to strip it all out and start again, but I was concerned I would do it, and he still wouldn't like it,

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How long have you been tiling for?

The client shouldn’t be telling you how to do your job, you’re the professional.

At £220 a day you should be providing a top quality job and I feel it falls short of that, imho.

Last edited:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
job looks rough imo.
the way the tiles are set don't help.
as boggs has said it's not a pro finish more DIY at best.

Reply to client wont pay in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks