Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Cheeky discount! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Ian

Popped into Topps on the way home to order some tiles and the manager said that someone had been in today and told them that I'd said it was ok for them to use my discount on all the gear they were buying. When I asked if they knew who it was he said he didn't know but gave me a description. The store said they would have to ring me first and with that they left rather quickly! It turns out it was a builder and his mate who I've done a bit of work for in the past, but the last job I did, he didn't pay me for. Cheeky or what!!!!

D

DHTiling

Deffo..!!!..

I always get the tile shop to phone me to ask and confirm a customer is mine for the use of the discount ..

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
cheeky is an understatement,a builder who didnt pay you is trying to use your account,clearly needs put in his place,id be on the phone to unleash a verbal volley:smilewinkgrin:

I

Ian

Deffo..!!!..

I always get the tile shop to phone me to ask and confirm a customer is mine for the use of the discount ..

They always ring or I'll ring them if I have to send someone in for me. It was quite a bit of stuff they were after so hopefully it'll cost them as much as they ripped me off by to get it at retail value.

S

Stewart

I wouldn't be happy. Any use of my account or discount has to cleared by me first. I would at his door right now as he obviously has funds for materials, so will be able to pay what's owed to you.

I

Ian

I wouldn't be happy. Any use of my account or discount has to cleared by me first. I would at his door right now as he obviously has funds for materials, so will be able to pay what's owed to you.

Someone told me a few weeks ago that he's being sued at the moment, and if the customer who's suing him wins, he'll go bust and lose everything. No doubt I'm not the only one he owes money to. I'll just sit back and watch the show!

C

cornish_crofter

Someone told me a few weeks ago that he's being sued at the moment, and if the customer who's suing him wins, he'll go bust and lose everything. No doubt I'm not the only one he owes money to. I'll just sit back and watch the show!

There's one of those near me. He's ripped off other builders, subbies and customers. I saw him at a roofing contractors late last year and tipped off the proprietor that it would not be a good move to give him credit ;)

What goes around comes around.

No doubt you fully briefed the manager at Topps. Top marks to them for not budging ;)

I

Ian

There's one of those near me. He's ripped off other builders, subbies and customers. I saw him at a roofing contractors late last year and tipped off the proprietor that it would not be a good move to give him credit ;)

What goes around comes around.

No doubt you fully briefed the manager at Topps. Top marks to them for not budging ;)

They are all top folk in my local Topps. I'm a big believer in karma. He'll get his, one way or another and I'll be there laughing when it all goes wrong :)

Reaction score
Popped into Topps on the way home to order some tiles and the manager said that someone had been in today and told them that I'd said it was ok for them to use my discount on all the gear they were buying. When I asked if they knew who it was he said he didn't know but gave me a description. The store said they would have to ring me first and with that they left rather quickly! It turns out it was a builder and his mate who I've done a bit of work for in the past, but the last job I did, he didn't pay me for. Cheeky or what!!!!

He's a character that builder. One of the lads. Top man. Give him credit for ingenuity. All the best builders are "lads." Good of you to work for him for free, bit of a privalege for you that is. Quality.

Now where's me Plymouth Argyll FC supporters scarf, "Come on you gree-eens"

Quality.

M

Mike

at my topps i got to give in my discount card to scan it for my discount so if a customer of mine is going there for me i got to give them my card for them to get the discount

Reply to Cheeky discount! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks