Search the forum,

Discuss Cheeky discount! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Popped into Topps on the way home to order some tiles and the manager said that someone had been in today and told them that I'd said it was ok for them to use my discount on all the gear they were buying. When I asked if they knew who it was he said he didn't know but gave me a description. The store said they would have to ring me first and with that they left rather quickly! It turns out it was a builder and his mate who I've done a bit of work for in the past, but the last job I did, he didn't pay me for. Cheeky or what!!!!

D

DHTiling

Deffo..!!!..

I always get the tile shop to phone me to ask and confirm a customer is mine for the use of the discount ..

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
cheeky is an understatement,a builder who didnt pay you is trying to use your account,clearly needs put in his place,id be on the phone to unleash a verbal volley:smilewinkgrin:

I

Ian

Deffo..!!!..

I always get the tile shop to phone me to ask and confirm a customer is mine for the use of the discount ..

They always ring or I'll ring them if I have to send someone in for me. It was quite a bit of stuff they were after so hopefully it'll cost them as much as they ripped me off by to get it at retail value.

S

Stewart

I wouldn't be happy. Any use of my account or discount has to cleared by me first. I would at his door right now as he obviously has funds for materials, so will be able to pay what's owed to you.

I

Ian

I wouldn't be happy. Any use of my account or discount has to cleared by me first. I would at his door right now as he obviously has funds for materials, so will be able to pay what's owed to you.

Someone told me a few weeks ago that he's being sued at the moment, and if the customer who's suing him wins, he'll go bust and lose everything. No doubt I'm not the only one he owes money to. I'll just sit back and watch the show!

C

cornish_crofter

Someone told me a few weeks ago that he's being sued at the moment, and if the customer who's suing him wins, he'll go bust and lose everything. No doubt I'm not the only one he owes money to. I'll just sit back and watch the show!

There's one of those near me. He's ripped off other builders, subbies and customers. I saw him at a roofing contractors late last year and tipped off the proprietor that it would not be a good move to give him credit ;)

What goes around comes around.

No doubt you fully briefed the manager at Topps. Top marks to them for not budging ;)

Reply to Cheeky discount! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen