Search the forum,

Discuss Cement Boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

DIYMARK

TF
Reaction score
I am tiling a cloakroom and small lobby which have a new screed floor. I want perfection, and there are slight imperfections in the level so is there any problem with laying down aqua board? If so, does it require fixing?

Floating is a bit tricky because we there is a gap all around the floor where we have put wide foam strip for expantion (standing upwards) so the mix could leak away down the sides.

I am also battening out around a Geberit WC frame. Should I batten over the top of the frame or stop with battening level with the top?

I am thinking I will tile the top?

W

White Room

I would'nt be putting aquaboard on a screed floor, could'nt you use a self leveling....

I

Ian

If you're worried about levelling compound running away, use draught excluder or silicone to form a barrier, then remove once the leveller has cured.

W

White Room

I'd use 6mm hardie glued and screwed but it dos'nt prevent bounce/deflection on the floor...

Reply to Cement Boards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen