Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gooty

finally found a tile i like but its porcelein.

it weighs 17kg per m2

will a skimmed plasterboard wall support this with adhesive?

thanks

M

MW Smith Ceramics

finally found a tile i like but its porcelein.

it weighs 17kg per m2

will a skimmed plasterboard wall support this with adhesive?

thanks

British standards states 20kg per metre onto plaster including adhesive & grout so your just good to go.......

D

Dougs Third Go

adhesive and grout typically weigh 4kg per m2 so that would push total weight up to about 21kg per m2..but yes, I'd probably go for it too.

M

MW Smith Ceramics

One builder I work for really gets disgruntled with me regarding issues like this.......the last bathroom was plastered & tile weight was over the limit so I got him to overboard with Marmox glued & screwed, when I told him he looked like he wanted to clip me round the ear!.....oh well he keeps using me so happy days :smile:

J

Just Rizzle

most of the time when im tiling the tiles are from a bath or shower tray or floor the walls are usually vertical so the pressure of the weight is vertical and the weight is supported on something . I must admit that the majority of my jobs are not onto skimmed walls which we are talking about.
if your concerned about weight you could put a row of L brackets above your tiles mechanically fix them to your walls and hang your tiles on them weight problem solved lol:) have used them in the past to support tiles above windows
used to use L brackets when I did slabbing in the past. have a idea any one know a dragon to lend me some money

Reply to Can A Skimmed Plaster Board Wall Support This Tile? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks